Skip to main content

Back to Normal Life - Yeah!!!

Tom went out of town on business again yesterday morning, but he called me a second time last night for the sweetest reason...to tell me that he appreciates me. This meant so much to me! I think the reason it really came to his notice is that the house was a real mess after my SIL stayed with Phoebe and Corona last week. We got the house all ship shape and then still had time for other things on Sunday. But I think he realized how much the little things I do (thanks, Flylady!) keep the house in order and how much he's come to like it.

The last piece of the trip to KCMO I liked is that we went to Independence, MO and toured the Truman Presidential library. It was very interesting. I'm also curious why I seem to be able to find an infertility lesson in every corner? Found out on the tour that Bess Truman had two miscarriages, and that finally their daughter Margie was born. They only had the one daughter, and she was spoiled with attention. Sound familiar to our story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...