Skip to main content

My Nana and Getting More Organised


This is in 1977. Me, my grandmother and my uncle who is only two years older than me.


My grandmother passed away this week.  We're about to go up to where I'm originally from in upstate Pennsylvania for the viewing and funeral.  My Nana lived a full life, so I can't say I'm sad.  She was 83 years old, had two marriages, three kids and four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren (all of those were from me).  She had a great sense of humor, wanted to be like Elizabeth Taylor (didn't they all from this generation) and was very old fashioned as she was from a time when women worked only until they became wives.  She was my last living grandparent, so this is an end of an era for me.  It was my mother's last living parent and it makes me think of how odd that will be when I'm in that situation.  However, my parents are still young, so I think that will be quite some ways off.  They think they are old, but 61 and 65 are really not that old.  At least I won't think it's old when I get there, LOL.

Before I received this news on Wednesday afternoon, I have made great strides in getting areas of our house organized.  So far since the beginning of the school year at the end of August, I have organized the boys' clothes (except their pajama drawer, I still need to do that), the boys' bookshelves, two coat closets, under the kitchen sink and the homework/craft supplies.  Whew!  I'm doing all this as part of my friend Marcia's Live Organised Community.  She's really helping me keep on track!  This Saturday is her "Get It Done Day."  I'll be busy with the funeral and traveling back home; however, I plan to have Sunday as my "Get It Done Day."  I plan on tackling the boys' pajama drawer and my husband's office, which is also where we share office supply and filing cabinets.  I'm looking forward to it!

Comments

Again, so sorry about your Nana. Loss is loss, even though she had "a good innings" as we say (do you use this phrase there?)

And SO proud of you for all the organising you did - thanks also again for your endorsement of my stuff!
Mrs FF said…
Sorry about the loss, may her soul rest in perfect peace! Always very sad but we take comfort in the knowledge that she lived a long and full life.

Hugs

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...