Skip to main content

Motivation Resources




It takes regular doses of content to stay motivated.  I don't think I'm the only one, but I can get so bogged down with the mundane:  work, bills, the to do list; I forget how powerful I can be.  Places I go for motivation can be podcasts (I'm an active podcast listener.  Will have a whole post on favorite podcasts soon!), books or websites.  When it comes to books, I've been using Libby by Overdrive and my library card to borrow books for free.  It really feeds my frugal spirit to be able to drop my Kindle Unlimited subscription as the electronic books from the library/Libby make popular available.  I just might need to put a hold on some books I want to read and practice some patience.  Here's a run down of some of my favorite motivation content and why it motivates me:

GaryVaynerchuck - Instagram and Podcasts - I love Gary!  He really knows how to cut through the bull and tell it like it is.  We're going to die and it's up to us to live our best live now!  Today's IG was a classic telling us to stop waiting for permission to go and do what will make us the happiest best version of ourselves.

Daily Boost Premium (Podcast) - This is by Scott Smith and I've been an avid listener for years.  It is worth the subscription.  Scott also cuts through the bull, but in a much different way than Gary.  I'm sure in his shock jock past he might have been more Gary. Now he delivers his wisdom in a no-nonsense, but caring kind of a way.  Love how he will have some limited woo-woo interruption and talk about the Law of Attraction and that it works, but you need to put the hard work in to make it happen.

The Chalene Show (Podcast) - Chalene Johnson is my girl! She is everything I want to be in life.  I just don't want to be on video or podcasting as I hate the sound of my voice, LOL!  I've seen her speak in person at Beachbody Summits and she always makes me cry!!!  I feel like she really speaks to me and what I need at any given time.  I loved a podcast she did recently where she talked about her and her husband being very in debt at one time and successfully getting out of it.  She lives in California and has a beach house, whereas I live on the East coast and want a house in Cape May.

Organizing Queen (blog and Instagram) - My dear friend Marcia in South Africa!!!  She is my girl as much as Chalene is!  Always says what I need to hear and we are usually doing the same thing at the same time, except on opposite sides of the planet and she is much more together than I am!  She inspires me totally!!!  I also hope she had a great birthday this week!!!!!

Gretchen Rubin (books and website/blog) - I've read The Four Tendencies (I'm an Obliger) and Better Than Before.  I currently have The Happiness Project on hold on Libby.  I love Gretchen as she focuses on habits and how they can transform your life. I do love habits and want to foster more good habits and understand how I can keep them.  I know she has a podcast, but I haven't listened to it too much.

The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k (Book) by Sarah Knight - I borrowed this as an audiobook on Libby and listened to it on my commute.  A really good book for Obligers as I know sometimes I need to push what others are asking from me out of my way in order to get to the stuff I want out of my life.

What motivation resources do you use to keep you going in a positive direction?  Let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out!

Comments

Daniel Biggs said…
This is an amazing post that I’ve read today. Thanks for sharing this useful information.
Buy Etilaam

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.