Skip to main content

The Night Before

Interviewing tomorrow. I'm very nervous. I guess in a way I'm hoping we both like each other. I'm starting to think that interviewing is my new dating. I haven't dated in over 12 years, but interviewing has all that excitement, anticipation... will I like them, will they like me, can I spend the next few years of my life with them. Funny thing, I don't believe in divorce, so I'll never date another man in my life, but no one stays with companies forever anymore. We divorce companies when we realize we have "irreconcilable differences." We can date new companies forever, although in this case there probably will never be the one that is forever, that is meant to be for us for all time.

Didn't one of my blog friends say something recently about not blogging after drinking wine. Oh well, guess I'm committing that mistake. It's not like too many people read my blog, so no one may ever know.

So I also heard there are a lot of project manager positions open at Comcast in Mt. Laurel. We've been talking about moving to South Jersey, so there would be a good opportunity. It's not like it matters to Tom. He's been working from home, unless he's traveling for business. Anyway, time to get into comfy clothes and get relaxed for tomorrowl.

Comments

Kimber said…
I totally believe in blogging whilst drinking. Heee! Nothing hardcore, but a lovely glass of wine does wonders for getting the posts out.

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...