Skip to main content

Great, Yet Busy Weekend

What a great weekend. We were very, very busy, but it was chock-full of great moments. We're still doing lots of stuff to get our house ready to put on the market. It has to go up within the next week or two.

Saturday morning Phoebe had ice skating class. They had a different teacher today, which was good because she helped Phoebe and another girl learn a skill they were both having problems with. I have no idea what it's called, as I'm not an expert on figure skating. I just know how do to the the basic skills, but no idea what they are called.

After ice skating, I took Phoebe to the Natural Foods Co-Op. She'd never been there before, but she loved every minute of it. BTW, I'm in love with their produce department. All their produce is organic, and they have everything!!! I had made a grocery list for the week with what produce we needed for our weekly menu and bought all organic veggies! I think we may make this a Saturday ritual for after ice-skating. Both her class and this store are on the U of DE campus, so we can continue this even after we move. I have to admit I did taste a difference. We bought some grapes and plums for fruit for the week, and they REALLY tasted good. No flat taste like you would get from the regular grocery store. I can't wait to buy their tomatoes. Just to give you a flavor for what their selections are we bought the following: zucchini, mustard greens, fresh thyme, parsley, grapes, plums, brocolli, celery, carrots. Can't wait to do some cooking tonight as I haven't had time to the rest of the weekend.

After we got home on Saturday, we ran a bunch of errands: went to the new house and took some pics, ran to Whole Foods near the new house, bought a Border's gift certificate for a friend's daugher, went to Old Navy and bought Phoebe more jeans and shirts (now I don't have to wash her 3 pairs of jeans mid-week to get her through the rest of the week!), and then Home Depot to buy the baseboard and other trim to finish the basement. We did go out to dinner in between errands and didn't get home until 10 PM. Phoebe was exhausted. Needless to say, so were we!

Sunday, I woke up early, worked out on the EFX in the basement, and then got right to painting. I painted the baseboard and trim for the basement. Then, I painted the trim and doors already hanging in the upstairs hallway, because we painted the walls up there, and I hadn't gotten to the trim yet. The new hardwood floor for the hallway is being installed today, so I wanted to do all that painting now, when I don't have to be as careful with the floor. I painted until 1 AM last night, only stopping to eat dinner that Tom made and when we went to the previously mentioned friend's after our dinner to have cake for her daughter's birthday.

Phoebe was pretty good through me doing all this work. Tom was studying all day for school, and he did go up to school for a last-minute Accounting study session with the teacher (they have an Accounting exam on Friday). Phoebe played with bubbles in the front yard when I was painting the trim for the basement in the garage. Then she was playing in the living room when I was upstairs. She'd come and ask me for help with stuff every now and then. Oh, and we did stop for a break and ate some grapes in the afternoon. Mmmm.

So now I'm at work, I'm amazingly not tired, but I'm missing yoga today as I have an all day SQL training class on-site. I do have a lunch break, but I'm using it to catch up on work and of course, write on my blog.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Busy you!
Emily aka madmommy

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...