Skip to main content

Cleaning Time!

9:10 AM
I am about to clean this house from top to bottom! Let's see how much I can get done in the next two hours!

1:20 PM
The upstairs is cleaned and I straightened up the garage. What's taking so long of course is the boys. DH is outside mulching. They spent some time out there helping Daddy and got so dirty we cleaned out the wading pool and put them in it to rinse them off. They will still need a good bath tonight.

I'm taking a break before I tackle the downstairs. This is definitely a Crisis Cleaning, but it's OK. We've all had such a busy week, I haven't had time to walk around in the evening putting everyone's stuff back where it belongs. Everyone in this house (other than me of course) has a habit of just leaving things where ever they put them and then no one can find anything later, LOL. I'm taking a break with some coffee and I'll catch up on some blog reading and then finish this job!

Comments

Martha said…
Hi Heather! Good luck with the rest of your cleaning today. I should be doing the same thing, my house is trashed! But I'm just too exhausted - maybe tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Monday post over at The Motivation Station this week. Have a great weekend :-)
All the best with tomorrow. Hope you get all the cleaning and tidying up done in time.

Remember, if people ask if they can help, say "YES, sure!" :)
Mandy said…
Oh I hope you got it all done. I certainly hope you're not up at this house dusting and tidying!! Have a great party!!
Miss Mac said…
Hi Heather! Your family is beautiful. I can't believe how much your boys have grown. I remember following your pregnancy and now you have toddlers:] Hope your house cleaning was a success!
Queenie. . . said…
I can't believe the boys are two already! Where does time go?

I must confess, one of the really great things about my husband being a stay-at-home dad is that he has taken over all house cleaning duties. He does a really good job, too. It is such a treat for me! I don't miss the days of struggling to manage the house AND baby AND work!!
Rebecca said…
I like this "time lapsed blogging."

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...