Skip to main content

Keeping the Momentum

I'm very proud of my progress this week. Both yesterday and today I've woken up earlier than usual and worked out on the elliptical machine. I got a bunch of herbs planted this week and I've fertilized the garden. I've been drinking lots of water. I've been keeping lists of things I want to do in the evening and I've been getting a lot of them done, which is so much better than having no plan and getting nothing done. I'm working hard not to burn out by not taking any rest time, so I've been trying to catch up on other blogs and find some new ones. I've been eating healthy and trying to do little things to keep the house tidy, even though work is stressful. I think it's one of those things I'm realizing is that even if work is stressful, it's relaxing if I haven't let the house go to hell in a hand basket.

Right now, I want to go clean out my fridge, put together a menu plan and decide some new recipes to try over the next week. After Phoebe gets home from school, I need to take her to CYFF and then I'm going to run some errands with the boys. I think we'll have fun. And breakfast for dinner tonight! - veggie omelets and home fries from leftover roasted potatoes we had earlier this week.

Comments

It sounds like you are TEARING IT UP, Heather. I am really proud of you. I've been doing better, getting lots done too both at work and home. I worked out today, have made homemade chicken soup and bolognese sauce, shopped, cleaned out fridge, and plan to bring dinner to a sick neighbor.
Thank you for your nice comment, I agree your children are Beauties of nature, thank you also for reminding me, mine are too.

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...