Skip to main content

Hitting the Reset Button

The holidays are over and the decorations are put away.  Life is back to work and school and this is our first three day weekend after the holidays.  It's a Saturday morning, I'm missing my husband, and I'm ready to tackle our life that is not quite living up to our expectations these days.  I've decided to pull up my big girl panties today and get started on making our life the dream life we've always wanted.  I'm pulling out my bullet journal and using this weekend to take charge of our life.  By the time Tom is home for good I want things to be the way we've always wanted them.




What do I need to work on:

  • Our house is not setup the way I'd like it to be.  I can't wait to get hardwood floors and want projects not to be half finished.  You know when you're putting your house on the market and you finish all those projects to make it look good to sell?  I want our house like that now while we have time to enjoy it!
  • Phoebe is leaving for college this summer.  She's talking about going to the University of Alabama.  I am going to miss that girl terribly and want to enjoy every last minute we have with her still at home.  I also want her to feel secure in who she is and how strong of a person she is!
  • The boys are in 4th grade, which is a tough age at school.  They need to learn to be more organized at school and I want them to feel in their bones how smart they are and feel confident in their ability to make friends and learn new things.  Scouting helps a lot and they are going to be crossing over to Boy Scouts from Cub Scouts a year from now.  
  • I need to make more time to take care of myself - get time to exercise and eat healthy.  I also want to make sure the whole family eats healthy.  Menu planning is about to get very important around here - as well as making sure I follow through on the meal plans.  I will make time on the weekends to spend some time in the kitchen meal prepping for the week for us all.
  • Tom is far away, thousands of miles away in Colorado.  I want to make sure we have time to talk to each other, that he knows how much I appreciate what he is doing for his family.  He's really the best husband I could ever have!  I'm realizing though now that he's away that he's been suffering from a bit of depression.  I want to help him make sure he's still connected to the kids and taking care of himself while he is away from us.
  • And last, but very not least is our finances.  I'm going to put it out here, we owe on our federal taxes from last year and need to finish paying it off.  It was for a good reason, we sold some stock to buy his grandmother's old house so we could begin a rental property business.  It will be worth it in the long run.  We just need to get out from under the current result in our finances.  I also want to get rid of all credit card debt and student loans we both have left from graduate school.
For the few readers I have left, please comment.  You have no idea how important that is to me right now.  I'm promising myself to get back to writing and reading other blogs because it uplifts me in a way like nothing other.  This is going to keep me moving forward like it did in my infertility days.  That and the fact that Phoebe and I are talking about getting a Golden Doodle puppy in the spring.  We're going to find ourselves a good girl and name her Bailey.  That and I'm planning on my breaks from working this weekend to watch Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Longtime reader - commenting to say hello and to wish you the best as you work to accomplish everything on your list!
Heather said…
Thank you!
I'm still here, my dear friend, and by the way, I just realised I sent you a whatsapp to the number i have for you but i don't think it delivered. Pse will you send me a test message to 2784 504 7339 so we can start communicating again :)

Also, those are good goals and I'm sad that P will be away. How far is the university from your home?

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.