Skip to main content

Progressing Nicely with Konmari



Boys after piano recital yesterday morning. They are getting so big!!!

Phoebe and I had a great time yesterday cleaning out the boys toy room.  We involved the boys in the parts that we thought were important for them, like cleaning through stuffed animals.  However, their toys in bins needed to be sorted through as some was junk (old McDonalds toys) and others just needed to put together - Playmobile castles vs. Legos.  They did help make some major decisions of toys they've outgrown - a Cars car track for preschool age children.  We did come out with about 6 bags of trash.  Thank goodness the trash went to the curb last night, as the bin was overflowing.  I think the only thing we didn't do very well was thanking some of the items that were put in the trash for the service they did to us.  I'm sure they did entertain the boys a bit before they were put to the side and piled up.

I am taking the things I was going to donate to Goodwill to the basement for now.  I'm doing some research on selling them on eBay.  Since I have some extra time on my hand, it might be nice to make a few dollars.  I'm going to test a few items, not a lot at one time so I don't get overwhelmed with shipping things, and see how it goes.  If it's a pain, I'll drop it and start donating things, but I know I need to focus on our finances and Gary Vaynerchuck always talks about selling your old stuff online to make some money, so why not!

I think all this cleaning out of stuff was good for Phoebe and for her to understand I'm serious about getting the house in order and decorated so we can enjoy living here.  We also watched another episode of Tidying Up after the boys went to bed, but I think I'm going to see if I can get the boys to watch an episode with me today.  I'll see what the next episode coming up is and if it would make sense to them, like if there is one with school age kids in it.

We have the day off school today and I plan to be productive.  It's very windy and cold outside, so I'm going to stick to indoor projects for now.  I just ordered some supplies to make some of the awards for Pinewood Derby that is on Saturday.  This is a Cub Scout activity that happens once a year (we do the third weekend of January) where the Scouts make a wooden car that fits within certain parameters and they race them on an electronic track.  We have awards for first, second and third place of speed races, but then we have other awards such as best paint job, most creative, etc.  I'm making those awards out of spray painted spark plugs.  I needed some black and white checkerboard ribbon to hang the award around the child's neck and I just ordered that on Amazon.  That saved me some time on errands.

Now I'm off to finish the weekly house cleaning that didn't get done yesterday because we spent the day cleaning out the boys playroom. The laundry is caught up on, so maybe I'll throw in one load to keep up with it.  I also want to spend some time looking at paperwork for scouts.  I have some leader volunteer applications that I need to make sure I request them to send their clearances so we can submit them.

Hope everyone has a great day!  Thank you so much for the comments over the last few days!!!  Marcia, you have the right number on What'sApp.  I've just been too stressed and disorganized with Tom gone to reply.  I will do so today.  It was so nice to hear your voice!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.