Skip to main content

Telling You About Me


I won an award from I Believe in Miracles and have been challenged to tell you 7 things about myself.  Thank you so much for the award.  Hope these whet your appetite to know more about me:

1.  I drink French Press coffee every morning.  Usually using Starbucks French Roast or Italian Roast.  I love my coffee very strong with a little sugar and a little milk, not half & half.
2.  I'm a perfect size 39 in Prada shoes and I'm starting to swear I will only buy that brand for heels.  They are so comfortable, I can run in them.  They give me plenty of room in my toe area and I can feel weight in my heel, not just on the balls of my feet.  If you remember, one of my goals was to get back to wearing heels at work, and these are making that goal much easier.  I hate wearing uncomfortable shoes.  When I'm not wearing heels to work, I love sneakers and Sketchers.
3.  I am really a shy person, who has worked hard since high school to overcome my shyness.  I still get really nervous when I'm about to talk to a group of people.  I'm fine one-on-one or in groups under four, but over that and I'm a nervous wreck.  Kind of funny considering I manage a group of 11 people right now.
4.  I'm still so much in love with my husband that when I see him walk into a room, or if we're meeting up in the middle of the day (usually cause my office is near the train station that he sometimes takes when he has to travel to work), I still get this feeling of "Wow!  What a gorgeous guy!"
5.  When I was younger, I would color my hair anything but blonde.  I didn't want to be blonde because I didn't want people to think I was stupid.  Now I can't see myself as anything other than the platinum blonde hair color I have.  I like to say I'm an ambassador for smart blondes.
6.  I learned to read when I was 3 years old.  I don't ever remember a time in my life that I couldn't read.
7.  I can eat very very well with chopsticks.  To the point that Chinese people in the office (like my new boss I got in December) say I hold them like someone who grew up eating with them.   I sort of did.  My best friend in 4th grade was Korean.  She was adopted, but her adopted single mom wanted her and her sister to know all about their ethnic heritage.  Her mom made the best kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage), which I still love!!!!

Hmm....  who to pick for this:

Hope everyone is enjoying their beginning of 2012!!!  I know I'm psyched!!!

Comments

thank you!!! amazingly i already posted on it :)

love your hair stories :) I've been dying my hair since I was 25 when I went grey but it's really only for that purpose - I was always very happy with my very dark brown hair :)

And hey, take a video of the chopstick-eating ability and post!
Rebecca said…
Love how you feel for your husband...that rocks.

I want to kick women who willingly use the "dumb blonde" excuses and think it's cute. I'm not really a blonde, but I agree...more smart blondes!
cat said…
Thanks so much girl! Really on the chopsticks - I can, but just! And wish I could get Prada shoes - and that I could see my hubby more during the work day.

I actually received it before - and answered - see here:http://juggelingactoflife.blogspot.com/2011/11/dear-secret-santa.html
Queenie. . . said…
I can't wait to do this--thanks! Well, I will wait, because I have 80 things to do right now.

I hope you heal quickly, by the way! You are brave.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.