Skip to main content

Miracle Mornings - September Challenge



Wow!  Have I ever been busy and there is so much to provide updates on.  But I'll start with what book has been rocking my world and that's the Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.  I've also been doing a 30 Day Challenge with the support of a private Facebook group of an amazing group of women.  I will continue doing daily Miracle Mornings through the remainder of the year as I've been learning so much about myself.

The concept is relatively simple.  In order to be successful, you need to put yourself in the right frame of mind for the day and ensure you are spending time improving yourself daily.  Hal put together for himself and others several practices in a plan of daily Life S.A.V.E.R.S., which stands for Silence (meditation), Affirmations, Visualization, Exercise, Reading (personal development books) and Scribing (journaling).  Don't think that this synopsis will let you not read this book.  I strongly recommend it.  Recommendations on how to wake up and increase your WUML (waking up motivation level) are outlined, each of the practices is thoroughly explained and there are bonus materials on his website for additional help.

I would not say I've been 100% perfect this month, but it's been a learning process.  Here are the things I've learned:

1.  I need to exercise first with the schedule I have with getting kids ready for school in the morning.  We have two shifts in our house - the early high school bus and the bus an hour later for our elementary school boys.  I really like to have at least 30 minutes for exercise and if I don't do that before I our daughter wakes up for school around 5:45, I'm not going to be able to exercise in the morning.  It took me all month to figure this out.  I will start working out

2.  I'm still working on affirmations.  The bonus materials from Hal's website are helping me greatly.  I think my brain is still fighting it thinking it's a bit hokey to be saying these things out loud and I'm trying to really believe what I'm telling myself.

3.  I love reading personal development books and writing in my bullet journal while I'm drinking my morning coffee.  Right now, I'm reading I Am That Girl by Alexis Jones.

4.  I've been bullet journalling for the last two months and I'm sooooo in love!  It's the perfect way for me to organize my thoughts and keep myself organized.  I've been trying to organize myself digitally for ages and I've finally decided pen and paper is where it's at.  I'll have more posts on that topic, but I'm still learning all the things I can do with bullet journalling, so I'm still a novice.

Here's how my morning routine will look starting tomorrow with the new order:

  • Exercise - 30 minutes
  • While making coffee (French press) 
    • Silence - Meditation
    • Affirmations
    • Visualization
  • Wake up the high schooler - drink coffee
    • Reading
    • Scribing (bullet journal)

I'll have a lot more updates on other items soon.  Our daughter is doing well in school and is still loving being a field hockey goalie.  The boys are in 2nd grade and in their second year of Cub Scouts.  I'm their Den Leader and will be taking over as the Cubmaster for our Pack at the end of the year.  I do lots of research on activities, skits and games to keep these boys excited to come to meetings.  Hope all is well with you all!!!

Comments

I heard this guy interviewed on The Lively Show. Did you hear that interview? It was a good one.

As you know I'm not a morning person at all - I do everrrrrrrything at night so I can roll out of bed, get ready and get to work. Except for my 2 days a week that are a little bit slower.

Denmaster sounds FUN!!! Tell me more :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.