Skip to main content

Almost Over - Life Will Get Back to Normal


It's almost over and thank goodness!  What may you ask?  My MBA program at Villanova.  I only have two more weekends after today, both in April, and we walk in May for graduation.  This has been a long, hard journey, but I'm so glad I took it, and I'm so glad to see the end of it.  Below is a picture with me and a bunch of my classmates in South Africa last May.  We were about to tour the BMW plant floor.  What an amazing trip!


But I'm very happy to see the end of this journey.  I have so much new stuff to do.  Work is busy and keeps ramping up more and more, but I also want to spend more time with family, friends and home.  The boys are now registered for Kindergarten in the fall.  They are going to the local Catholic school for Kindergarten as it is full day, where our public is still half day, and we won't need after care as they will be on Phoebe's bus home and she will babysit them until we get home from work.  Tom is still working from home when he's not traveling, but he's working, so he can't be trying to take care of two active boys from 3-5:30 until I get home.  She will be getting paid (modestly), so she's quite happy about that.  We will only use after-care, which is available if she is in sports after-school.  Phoebe will be in 8th grade next year and she is now officially taller than me by 1 inch.  Niki has moved back to New Jersey to help out parents, plus I think she was getting bored at our house.  We have nothing going on all day when everyone is out of the house.  There is always stuff going on at my in-law's house.  

I also can't wait to get decorating in the house and I've even started some organizing in a small way.  I recently organized the pantry, the linen closet, and the boys closets and drawers.  I want to decorate now.  I am planning for the laundry room, Phoebe's room, the boys' room and the master bathroom.  I can't wait to have a decent garden (vegetable and herb) this year.  Last year was pitiful, as I had no time to plan, plant and maintain.  Right now, I've been actively working for the past week on eating clean and exercising again.  I'm really trying to lose the weight I gained in this graduate program.  I've been using our elliptical machine at home, but I want to start again with the Tracy Anderson metamorphosis videos, and maybe take some classes at the YMCA with Phoebe.  

On a final note, I have a story about Phoebe that makes me laugh.  How come I'll be at work and her father is in the car with her picking her up from a sports practice after school and she's texting me about her horrible day?  Her father is right there on the car, but #1 I'm Mom and  #2 texting to a 13yo is much better than talking out loud.

Comments

cat said…
Although very busy you do sound very well. Best of luck for the last bit
YAYYYYY - I can't wait to have my Heather back :)

I'm so proud of you - how you stayed sane, married and a mother of THREE, all while working full-time and doing your MBA!

AMAZING!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.