Skip to main content

Improving Habits


I've been a little bad on my diet beta test plan over the weekend, eating bread and drinking wine.  I'm ready for a hard do-over and get myself ready to try my first supported fast. Over the weekend while I was doing some much needed weeding, I was listening to podcasts, especially The Chalene Show, and one in particular about working on your habits.  Right now I have two habits to work on - not drinking a glass of wine in the evening after the kids go to bed and exercising daily.  I'm going to use the replace tactic for the wine and swap it for herbal tea or ginger-turmeric latte.  On the exercise, I need to keep to simple workouts like PiYo on Beachbody On Demand and remind myself how good I feel when I workout.  Today my nutrition was as follows:

Waking - coffee, black
Morning - intermittent fasting, drinking lots of water, until almost 11AM when I had my chocolate vegan Shakeology with unsweetened almond milk and coconut butter
Lunch - salad with chick peas, avocado, pumpkin seeds and ginger carrot dressing (this is one of my favorites!)
Afternoon snack - I went to get a coffee and warm up from the cold of the office.  There was an ice cream truck from the local university that makes amazing homemade ice cream in interesting flavors. I gave into temptation and decided to get a scoop of ice cream in a cup.  I was so happy and surprised to find out they had a goat milk ice cream that tastes like fig newtons!!!  Mmmmmm....
Dinner - sausage burgers on the grill. I had mine between two pieces of romaine lettuce with ketchup.

Now it's the evening and I'm making some tea instead of that glass of wine I like in the evening.  Very proud of my day.  By the way, today was also the last day of school for our kids.  Sophomore year of high school for the girl and 2nd grade for the boys is now over!  I'm looking forward to not having two shifts of getting kids moving for a couple of months, but more on that tomorrow.

Comments

heather, I can't remember if you told me this. Have you read Gretchen Rubin's better than before? It's ALL about habits and if you haven't yet, PLEASE go take the tendencies quiz http://www.happiercast.com/quiz and let me know your tendency!
Heather said…
I haven't read the book in awhile, so going in without any memory of what the different types were I took the quiz. I'm an obliger.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.