Skip to main content

Twins - 34 Week Gestation Update

If "The Boys" were still on the inside, they'd be 34 weeks gestation. Everything continues to go well, except Tommy is still ahead of where Liam is. Liam's been loosing weight since he's been off the IV and on full feeds through the feeding tube. The doctors called for both of their feeds to be fortified for extra calories, so hopefully that will help.

The other good news with Tommy is he's working to become a nursing champ. He's taking bottles from the nurses when I'm not around, but I've now tried nursing him four times over the past two days and two of those times, he did great. Two days ago, the first time I tried nursing him, he took 1/2 his feed from nursing. The second time he wasn't as interested that day. He seemed kind of tired. Yesterday, he wasn't interested at all, but the second time I tried, he nursed for a 1/2 hour, which at that point the nurses confirmed with the doctor's that their was no point in trying to feed him anymore for that feeding time. I was really surprised he did so well. He really knew what he needed to do, with a little help from me tickling him under his chin if he stopped here and there.

Another thing that makes it seem so real that they are here is we got their Social Security Cards in the mail. So the government officially recognizes them as real. Seeing their names on those official government cards made it seem so much more real.

Another thing that made me really happy is two days ago, I was at Borders and realized that The Pet Shop Boys came out with a new CD. I'm a huge lifelong fan and was so excited. The last time they came out with a new CD with new music (and not remixes of older stuff) was in 2000, the year Phoebe was born! Of course I bought it and have been listening to it over and over. Out of curiosity, I went to their website yesterday and found out they were having pre-sale concert tickets for the US and it was the last day to buy!!! They rarely ever tour the US and I've never seen them in concert because of it. Leo and I talked and agreed to go ahead and buy the pre-sale VIP tickets for the Atlantic City House of Blues concert. The VIP tickets are supposed to include premium seating and meeting the band!!!! Between Tommy nursing and me getting to meet The Pet Shop Boys and see them in concert for the first time, I'm walking on clouds. Can you imagine what I'll be like when they get home???? Well, besides happily tired.

Comments

Shauna said…
You have every right to be excited. It's all good news. :)
Best Wishes for your boys continued growth and adorableness!! I am so happy for all of you!!
Ellen K. said…
Belated congratulations on the birth of your boys! They are beautiful, and I love their names. They sound like they're doing well, and it's great that you are already planning a special date night.
RBandRC said…
Very glad to hear that the boys are doing well and that is FABULOUS that Tommy is BFing! YAY!

I bet you guys are so excited for them to come home! Thinking of you, sweetie! ((HUGS)) :)
That's great news! I hope the boys continue doing so well and come home soon!!!
The Posh Nosh said…
Hi I just came across your blog. I am the mother of triplets born at 31wekk 1 day gestation. They are nnow 5 months old and doing great. We had the apnea issues.. ect... it does get better. Hang in there

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.