Skip to main content

My List of Sevens

I've been requested by The Queen Mama (what a cool blog name!) to do a List of Sevens. Here are mine:

Seven things to do before I die (not in order of importance):
1. Travel the world extensively (US, Italy, Spain, South Africa, India, Vietnam, China, the list is endless)
2. Have more children (either biological or adopted) and see them become happy, healthy adults.
3. Study yoga with Joan White to become a certified Iyengar yoga instructor.
4. Learn more foreign languages and use often (goes with #1).
5. See world peace in my time (it's a long shot, I know).
6. Grow old with my darling husband.
7. Spend lots of time cooking fabulous foods in my new kitchen.

Seven things I cannot (or will not) do:
1. Skydive.
2. Hang glide.
3. Scuba dive.
4. Go in a submarine underwater (do you see a claustrophobic and fear of heights theme, nahhhh).
5. Get my nipples pierced.
6. Ride a roller coaster.
7. Do a cartwheel.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse (in random order):
1. His big brown eyes.
2. Broad shoulders.
3. Gorgeous bottom.
4. Taste in clothes.
5. Taste in women (namely, me!)
6. Sense of humor.
7. His common sense.

Seven things I say most often:
1. Cool beans.
2. Okie doke.
3. Good luck with that (said in Spongebob voice).
4. Hey, babe (said to DH).
5. Give me a kiss goodbye (to DH and DD, we never leave each other without kisses).
6. Hey, Phoebes (said after the "Hey, Mommy" from DD, she says this a lot!).
7. May I have another glass of wine?

Seven books I read (in random order):
1. The Chronicles of Narnia (also read several times as child, and now to my five-year-old)
2. Little Women
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. Bridget Jones and The Edge of Reason
5. Scarlett (the sequel to Gone with the Wind - different author)
6. Mansfield Park
7. Blood and Gold (Anne Rice)

Seven movies I watch over and over again (in random order):
1. Bridget Jones and The Edge of Reason
2. Pride and Prejudice (BBC miniseries)
3. Love Actually
4. People Will Talk (Cary Grant movie)
5. Sabrina (old and new versions)
6. Dune
7. Practical Magic


I'm going to let my blog friends off the hook for now on this list of seven. I had a hard time with this. I even had to enlist my DH for help.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You have way more patience than me to complete this.lol
Emily aka madmommy
Mandy said…
great list!

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...