Skip to main content

With The Stress, Some Happiness Has Arrived

Our closest friends, K&G, had their baby girl Thursday evening around 7 PM. Her name is Jameson Claire and she's absolutely beautiful. She weighs 5 lbs 14 oz and she's 20 inches long. Her weight is a little small because the doctor's wanted to take her early as she was measuring small on ultrasounds. I think she just needs to fill out now. She's definately long enough. I visited them at the hospital yesterday during my lunch time and she is gorgeous. She's got dark brown hair that we wonder if it will fall out and come in red or continue dark brown like her daddy (before he started shaving his head, LOL!). I didn't see her with open eyes, but she slept so sweetly with little rosebud lips and tiny eyelashes and eyebrows and a button nose. Can you tell I'm in smitten already?

Phoebe's been doing better. She had one incident on Thursday which caused her to lose TV and friend privs for another week. But I can tell this is working because Friday when she got mad at one girl, she hit a squishy toy alligator. Her teacher told her that she shouldn't hit at all, but I'm more pleased that she's learning to control herself. I found out a bit what the problem is. At her old school she never had to play with anyone she didn't like. At this morning program before Kindergarten, there are a few girls she doesn't like, "Because they giggle too much." or the other one I hear about a lot, "She says she has lots of money and drives in a limo and has a roller coaster in her backyard. She lies all the time and I don't like it." I got all of this out of her last night as we had our girls night upstairs watching movies (small reprieve from being grounded), eating pizza and chips, and chatting. Oh and she lost her 6th tooth Thursday night. It's the other top front one. So by now, she's lost all four bottom front ones and both of the two top front ones. Her adult teeth for all of these are quickly coming in.

Tom's brother had surgery yesterday. Apparently his pelvis is not broken but shattered. He needed surgery to fix that and something for his arm too. I need to call my in-laws and see how he's doing as Tom's at school, and I'm sure he's getting his updates there.

Comments

Rhea said…
Thanks for the update! I love the name Jameson.

Check out my blog. I have some updates!
Anonymous said…
Congrats to your friend. I also love the name.
Anonymous said…
Jameson is such a great name!

Glad Phoebe is doing better. I think it's GREAT that she hit the alligator! That totally shows self control and her ability to direct her anger to a more appropriate place. Good for her.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.