Skip to main content

Why Do I Reinvent the Wheel in My Organization Strategy


Why, oh why, do I reinvent the wheel in my organizational life?  I tell you it's Pinterest's fault.  I'll have great tools already at my disposal, like pepperplate.com, but then I find a great organization website with cool looking that has great ideas for organizing menu ideas and menu planning.  I actually spent time getting the one menu plan template to fit on an entire page so I had more room.  Then later I remember I love using Pepperplate, as I'm not very fond of print outs.  I love my stuff to be more online and in my mind clutter free.

I will still be using the menu ideas organizing ideas here in conjunction with Pepperplate for documenting the recipes we like and actual menu planning.   I also really like her idea for chore charts for kids.  I've downloaded one of those and I'll be customizing it for Phoebe and the boys.

We're gearing up for the boys birthday on Thursday!  We got everything to make cupcakes for school and cake for us and family and friends that evening.  We also still need to wrap their presents, but that will get done soon.  We've talked about what they want for dinner that night.  Apparently Liam likes my crispy chicken thighs so much that is what he is insisting on for dinner that night ... and tonight ... and tomorrow night ... I think he really likes them!

I've also been taking more pictures and I will be posting some soon!  We really had a great three day weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...