Skip to main content

Finding the Passion

We've been very busy the past few weeks. Phoebe starting school, having issues, being grounded, getting through that, having a birthday (very low key), and we're getting ready for a huge surprise party for FIL this Saturday. It'll be about 80 people at our house and we're cooking. I've rented tables, chairs and chafing dishes and we are cooking. But I've been feeling very blah. It sounds wierd, but I'm trying to find the passion back in my life. What am I passionate about? I feel like I've been going through the motions for so long, pushing myself to do each and every little thing. I really can't live this way.

We did have a great weekend for Phoebe's birthday. Friday the 6th was her actual birthday, but Tom was at school. I came to her school with snacks for her Kindergarten class we left when school was over so she didn't go to the Y's aftercare program and we started Girls' Night early. We built things with Legos she got from my parents and read a bit of the first Junie B Jones book also from my parents too. Then we went and got frozen pizza, chicken fingers and pringles to munch on and watched "A Cinderella Story" that has Hilary Duff in it. She slept in my bed and we fell asleep together. Saturday I cleaned and she had a pajama morning. When Tom got back from school in the late afternoon, we went to the mall and got her a small IPod (she really loves it!) and went to the Olive Garden for dinner (she picked). Sunday was the best, we went to the Renaissance Faire all day. Got there first thing 11 AM and left at 8 PM after the final jousting show. We went with another family that we were friends with and they have a daughter Phoebe's age and they got along great.

Well, I'll be working on the passion. This week, I'm going to be trying to push myself to find things that really interest me. I'm going to sign Phoebe up for gymnastics on Thursday evenings. She's been asking for that. I'm going to see what kind of things I should be doing. I really know I have nothing to complain about, but I hate that feeling that I'm going through the motions.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can totally relate to this post. And then I watch the news and realize how good my life is but I still feel...I don't know...blah.

Sometimes it's hard to capture than excitement for life again...unitl some little thing happens that clicks it all back into place.

Here's hoping your click is right around the corner.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.