Skip to main content

Life Updates And Toddlers in the Tub!

Feeling minorly overwhelmed right now.  There is so much I need and want to get done.  I'm hoping to have time to do it all.  I keep making my lists and then I get distracted by my daughter getting sick, working from home and having a toddler or two come over to me and the computer, a husband that needs to talk about something, etc.  I know things are moving in a forward direction, but I'm having such a hard time not feeling that I wish I was getting things done faster and able to avoid distractions.

On another note, I recently read Julie and Julia and I have to admit I liked the book much better than the movie.  In the movie, I thought Julie was kind of whiney and Julia Child saved the movie.  The book is much different.  I can completely get into where she is in her mind.  Did you know the book character Julie has PCOS and part of her issue that drove her to cooking was doctor's telling her that she better try to have children now because of her "syndrome" before it's too late?  It almost made me want to do my own project, but I'd cook my way through "The Girlfriends' Guide to Macrobiotics".  Hmmm... That does give me some good ideas.

But one of the things I've been doing that's good for me is P90X.  It's an exercise program of videos and it is kickass!  I'm on week 3 of the 90 day program, but I will admit I haven't exercised the 6 days a week they want you too.  Somedays I'm just way too tired.  So I only got 5 days in the first week and 4 days in last week, but I'm feeling much stronger and do feel overall that I have more energy.

So that is my word that I'm focusing on right now - Energy!  I want more of it!  I'm going after it!  I have been doing Marcia's Time Management sheets and it does help.  I think I'm just asking too much from myself, but what's wrong with that???

To end with the really joyful part, here's some latest pics of the boys.  They've started scrunching up their faces when they do smiles for pics.  Here they are in my bathtub hamming it up



Then I took pics of them in their tubby that night.  Here's Tommy with a big grin for the camera:


Here's Liam with a big grin and Tommy checking out the water or something on his hand:


Love them so much!  Could just cuddle them forever, but they would just push out of my lap, LOL!

Comments

Mandy said…
They look soooo big! When did that happen?

I can commiserate with feeling overwhelmed and under accomplished. The shorter days are really starting to get to me, once the sun is down I'm ready to settle for the day but it's only 7! Kudos for P90X, I'm very intrigued but totally lack the dedication. I wish I had your commitment!
Love the pics!

And thanks for posting them - now I don't feel guilty about another photo shoot I'm having done on Sat next week. Because if this is in my future I want plenty of good pics while it lasts.

glad you're using the TMPP! I love hearing when people use my stuff. And if you're getting 5 - 6 things done off your list daily, you're doing WELL. Just make sure at least 1 is a FROG :)
Miss Mac said…
Thanks for the comments on my blog... time is flying looking at your sweet boys, they are growing so fast. Beautiful family, good look with your to do list!
Rebecca said…
Those pictures are great!

You're doing p90x? I have heard good things...you're going to be the hottest hottie!
The boys in the tub in clothes on is such a cute picture!!

I totally feel overwhelmed too. Going to check out that time mgt link on Marcia's blog... Thanks for posting it!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.