Skip to main content

First Day of School Tomorrow

Tomorrow is Phoebe's first day of school. All weekend was like right before Christmas... so much pent up energy and excitement she can't sit still for one minute. All of a sudden she has two modes: really fast or asleep. Tonight we put her to bed and she kept trying to read books under her covers. I kept coming in and taking the books away, otherwise she'd never get to sleep tonight.

A lot has happened since my last post. My stitches came out on Thursday. Found out I'll probably never be able to feel part of my forehead going back to the back of my head ever again. It's a really wierd feeling, but they say I'll get used to it. At least I can say I'll never need Botox on the left side of my forehead. It doesn't move as much as it used to with my facial expressions. Most likely no one else will notice but me and DH.

My temp dropped Friday morning and spotting commenced. Wierd thing is I also got a horrible yeast infection that morning. It must've been from the antibiotic. I never get them anymore because of all the acidopholus I take three times a day. I doubled the dose and also started drinking my OJ with oregano oil. That kills it all. I'm feeling better by now. So I'm officially on Day 2 and ready to try again this month. I'm really good at trying. Practice makes perfect.

Friday night we took Phoebe to a restaurant called Casablanca's in Delaware. As the name suggests, it is a Morrocan restaurant and on Friday and Saturday nights, they have belly dancers. Going to dinner here is an event. You need reservations, ours were at 7 PM and we were there until 10 PM. Between the time spent enjoying each course, no one really eats much when the entertainment comes out. I got up and danced with the lady, but Phoebe was being really shy. She wouldn't even dance with me. Phoebe also really enjoyed the food which was great to see. She loved this one eggplant appetizer that you eat in pita bread (no forks allowed!). She also really liked the tomato and cucumber salad, no surprise there. And she really liked the roast chicken with lemon and olives, especially if you mopped up the sauce with the chicken.

We bought some fabric and window treatment hardware for curtains for the family room, so we've officially started working on decorating the house our style. I can't wait to have the curtains finished and the walls painted within the next few weeks, so we can enjoy the fall and winter in our cozy decorated family room. I'll post pics, I promise.

Comments

Rhea said…
Heather, I'm so sorry about AF and also about the stiches.

Hugs!
Crystal

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.