Skip to main content

Pre-IVF Tests Today

So today I'm going to the RE's office for a hysteroscopy, cultures and pap smear. After this the only thing I need to do is have some more bloodwork done on top of the bloodwork I had done back in February to clear me for ovulation induction. I'm getting some things done around the house before my appointment instead of going to the office and then driving again to the doctor's.

I'm really starting to not like driving too much with the cost of gas the way it is. We're also trying to do a lot of other things to save money around here. Planning meals, only buying what we need at the grocery store, laying low for the weekend to save on babysitter, etc. We're really noticing in our budget that things are getting tight with the cost of gas and food. Anyone else having concerns of the cost of things these days? What kind of things are you doing to save?

DH and I have been exercising every night with that regime we found on the infomercial. I'm really liking it. I'm not seeing any difference in the scale, but everything is feeling a lot tighter on my body and we're only on week 2.

BTW, there's a blogger I've been reading for quite some time that I'd like to recognize. She amazes me. She has two adopted children and is currently pregnant. She always sounds so upbeat, she's absolutely drop dead gorgeous and has such a beautiful, nice family. Check out this site, which is for her daughter from China. She also has links to her other blogs.

Comments

Happy said…
I've definitely noticed the increase in prices. We're going to farmers markets for veggies so they are local or organic. Meal planning and cooking at home definitely helps. I'm walking everywhere I can (luckily we live near a lot of things).

Good luck w/the RE! I just completed that stuff, next week we meet w/the doctor to sign the consent forms, and then I wait for my period (gulp!). I am getting really really nervous.

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...