Skip to main content

Talk About a Conversation Stopper

I'm signing in at the REs office yesterday and the woman in front of me is showing the assistant a picture of her three kids (all different ages) that the RE helped create. I decided to be really nice and admire the picture as well, stating that I also had a seven-year-old girl that the RE helped create.

The assistant makes a statement of how she must have her hands full, and she says, "Yeah well now they're really full in that their father just left us." OK, what do you say to that? I went with "Sorry to hear that." Makes you wonder what is she there for? I know she was meeting with the RE. Did they have to discuss disposition of items that might be jointly owned with her soon-to-be ex? Or is she as crazy as she seems and did she want to have another child? Who knows? I know I sat myself on the other end of the waiting room which was thankfully completely full. I attract the crazy people to me like flies. I like to avoid them when I can.

Comments

docgrumbles said…
Wow. That would be one awkward conversation. Wonder what she was there for?
Brandy said…
Whoa, that's a big statement to make to a stranger. I would have definitely felt ackward in that situation.

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...