Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow!  A lot has been going on around here, with much more coming too!  I'll give the update next week on my goals.  Some have been working out, others not so much....  LOL  It's nice that I tried.  I'm sure next month's goals will be better.   One big piece of news - I finally dropped my cell phone in the toilet at work after so many years of bringing it in the stall afraid someone would steal it.  Of course it was my nice iPhone that didn't have insurance, as I've never needed it before.  It seemed like a waste of money.  Well, I've ordered the iPhone 4S and I'm going to suck it up using DH's old phone until my new one comes in sometime in December.  I did get insurance this time.

Right now, I'm working from home today so I can get some pies baked, other Thanksgiving foods prepped and straighten up the millions of hotspots that seem to surround me.  I currently have two pecan pies in the oven.  Soon to be followed by 3 pumpkin pies and 1 coconut custard pie.  Then we have fresh cranberry sauce to make and onions and celery to cut for the stuffing.

DH and Phoebe took the boys to get their hair cut as it was getting pretty shaggy.  Please note that my boys walk into a barber looking like some boys come out.  I'm much happier with their hair short.  I think DH said he gets a #2 clippers on the sides and scissor cut on top to match and blend.  I'll do pictures later today if they are not as cranky as they always seem to be lately.  After they go down for a nap, they'll stay here with Aunt Niki while DH, Phoebe and I run to Philly to get our two 30 pound turkeys from the Amish stand we get them from every year.  Yes, two over 30 pounds each!  We do that every year, but this is our first year to actually host and we're very happy about that.  We've been driving to my in-laws every year for about 19 years and helping make all the dinner there where we don't have all our kitchen equipment.  Now we have two and a half ovens, six burners, a big ice maker and a huge refrigerator.  Did I ever mention we like to cook?!

So I hope everyone has a very very Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I have a lot to be thankful for and part of it will be the food, LOL!

Comments

Linda :) said…
Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.