Skip to main content

Pea Shoot, Avocado and Chick Pea Salad


This salad is a modified version of what is in one of my favorite cookbooks - "Clean Start".  They lightly cook some of these veggies in the salad and serve it warm, but I really liked it like this raw and I had daikon radishes available and not regular radishes.

Dressing
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill
1/16 teaspoon Xanthan gum

Salad
2 cups pea shoots - chop in a few big pieces to make it easier to eat
1/2 red onion, diced

1/2 cup diced daikon radish
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup sliced snow peas

2 avocados, diced
1 cup cooked chick peas

Mix the dressing first and let it sit while you assemble the rest of the salad.  Mix all the salad ingredients together and put in large salad bowls to serve.  I put the dressing on the salad in the serving bowls and any leftover salad can be stored in the fridge with the dressing on the side.

For non-vegetarians that are looking for this to be a salad meal, you can put some chopped cold grilled chicken on top as we did last night for dinner.



Comments

Shell said…
That looks so good! I love chickpeas!

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...