Skip to main content

PG - 21 Weeks 4 Days - Busy At Work

I'm sorry I disappeared for so long again. I've been crazy busy at work and then when I'm not busy doing that, I've been very tired this week. To sum up the past few weeks: two weeks ago I felt horrible physically (big and pressure everywhere), last week I felt great, this week I'm tired and feel like I could keep sleeping for the rest of this pregnancy and still not have enough.

My birthday was Monday the 16th! I turned 38. Birthday's don't really bother me, but I think it's because mentally I forget I've aged. Sometimes I look at Leo, Phoebe and my belly and think, "I'm married? I have an 8-year-old? I'm having two boys? When did this all happen?" Even though "this has been all happening" over the past 15 years, it feels funny to look back. Life moves so quickly that it's odd to stop and look at what you've been doing.

I had a great birthday weekend though. Saturday we all cleaned the house, which was great. I love it when Phoebe and Leo help me get through that, because then my brain can relax on that item on my to do list. We went out to dinner with friends and our kids to a place we haven't been before and it's just around the corner from our house. It was really yummy. We went back home and vegged out on the couch with Phoebe and Leo turned on "Gandhi" as it was on TV and was right at the beginning. We let Phoebe watch most of it until it was getting really late for her. I have it on video, so I'll need to have her watch the whole thing one of these days. I found it funny, because I never realized Leo liked this movie as much as I do until he asked if we could keep it on that night. And it was funny with my last post and all. Sunday we relaxed some more and ran some errands. Especially looking for an Easter/Point to Point dress for Phoebe. Didn't see anything we liked, but we just ordered her a dress online. I can't wait to see it on her!!!! She doesn't get all "girlied up" very often, being our jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. So I love that she loved this dress and is very excited to wear it. We're going to find her a different hat to wear as the Point to Point 'do is a very hat kind of thing.

Monday, my actual birthday, was a cr@p kind of day until I got home. I loved the sappy card Leo gave me although I told him he shouldn't do that to a pregnant lady. Phoebe gave me a funny card, and wrote on the inside "Please share the truffles". Which goes with what I got as presents: a box of Godiva dark chocolate truffles and a movie "Vicki Christina Barcelona". Our whole house is full of dark chocolate lovers. None of us are big likers of milk chocolate. The dark stuff is the best! And after Phoebe went to bed, I watched Gossip Girl!!!! I was so happy they had a new episode!!! I've been missing my weekly doses of Chuck Bass. A girl has to do have something to make her heart go pitter-pat. On that topic, Twilight comes out this weekend on DVD!!! I didn't take Phoebe to the movies to see it (I went with a friend), but I told her we'll buy it and watch it at home.

Comments

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday, Heather! Happiness and Health to you and your family always and in all ways!!! It sounds like a delightful weekend.
I will have to send you some See's and Ghiradelli's dark chocolates to see what you and the family think of California chocolate.
Please send me your address if you would like, gracias.
It's funny I prefer to eat milk chocolate but cook/bake only w/dark.
RBandRC said…
Happy Birthday!
BigP's Heather said…
Happy Birthday!
Anonymous said…
Happy, happy birthday!!! May god bless you richly in the coming year and always! -Sophia


P.S. When are you going to post some belly pics.?
On My Mind 24/7 said…
Happy Birthday!
Miss Mac said…
Happy Birthday! You are right that life goes by so fast... too fast. Reminds me to make each day count! Glad to hear that things are going well. Best wishes!
Mel said…
A very HAPPY belated birthday! :) So sorry I missed it. I hope it was super fantastic.

I ditto the request for a belly pic!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.