Skip to main content

PG - 22 Weeks 2 Days - Dewey Beach & Ultrasound Today

One of my friends invited us at the last minute to come down to Dewey Beach, DE on Saturday and stay overnight to Sunday. I've never been there, so it was great fun even in the off season. It's also really close to Ocean City, MD and we have good friends there that had triplets a little over a year ago. Since these friends moved there right before the triplets were born, we hadn't seen the babies yet. So we visited with them Saturday afternoon and then met our other friends in Dewey at dinnertime. The next day, we went to the beach and took these pictures. I know I haven't posted any official "belly pics" yet, but these can give you an idea of how big I am these days. BTW, Phoebe took this pic. Isn't she a great photographer?



Here's a some cute pics of Phoebe on the beach too! She loves the beach (just like her Daddy!). She had to put her feet into the freezing water and take long walks on the beach with her Dad and pick up rocks along the way. That's what the blue bag is for - to hold all the rocks she could carry!





I also had another Level II ultrasound today at the Maternal-Fetal Medicine department at the hospital. Each of "the boys" were estimated at 1 lb 3 oz. I was also surprised that they still have room to move their positions!!! During my 18 week ultrasound, they were both heads down/feet up. Today they were both heads up/feet on my bladder (!!!!), which explains a lot. We got to see them kick my bladder around. How nice they are to their Mommy already (sarcasm here). We could see them roll around and flip over during the ultrasound, so they were being big show offs with their gymnastics, but then when the ultrasound tech would try to get a pic of their face, they'd put a whole arm in front of it or curl up in a ball with their butts up, like Phoebe does when she doesn't want to get up on a school day. It was great, but we didn't get many nice pics from this trip because of their antics. But they are healthy and everything is going well. I worked from home the rest of the day, since we didn't get back until lunchtime. It takes them almost two hours to do a Level II ultrasound on twins, as they need about an hour per baby. It gets boring after awhile, but I try to sit there and check them out, trying to bond now even before they are here.

Comments

Great pictures, you look Beautiful!! So does Phoebe and your Dh! I'm glad all is well with the babies and you.
RBandRC said…
What a beautiful family! Phoebe is just gorgeous! It sounds like you had a fabulous trip. I'm very glad to hear that things are continuing to go beautifully. ((HUGS))
Kami said…
You have such a beautiful family. I am so happy for you. And you look fabulous!

Kami
Carrie Ann said…
Great pics - looks like you had a great time. I could use a beach right about now! Glad things are going well with the babes!
BigP's Heather said…
Glad everything is going well!!

She is a good photographer!
Tracy said…
Great pics!!! Glad all went well with the US.
Looking good! Great pictures. :o)
Suzanne said…
This is the first time I have seen a picture of your family...what a beautiful family it is! You look fantastic!

I am going in for my hour long 12 week ultrasound next week, but was wondering what a level II is. I am sure every office calls it something different, but thought I'd ask!
Anonymous said…
Hei...
You're one hot mama! You and DH look fantastic. Phoebe is very beautiful and much taller than I imagined.

Nice to know your boys have room to move around, and you get a whole 2 hours to see them on the 'big screen'.

Best wishes,
Anna
Lynda said…
Wow, can't believe you're halfway through your pregnancy. Glad the twins are doing well. Love the photos - what a gorgeous family. x
docgrumbles said…
Glad things are going well.

Great pics!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.