Skip to main content

Proud Mama

Phoebe had her ice skating class last night and she's doing very well. I'm so proud, my heart could burst. She started ice skating classes in January this year. She has progressed so well very quickly. Last night they were learning the first step in cross-overs, as well as beginning to learn to pick up one foot while gliding. She's not as good in the latter as she was with cross-overs. When she had extra practice time with me, she was trying to do them while skating and holding my hand. I think what I like the most is that she's having fun with it, learning how to do things with her physical being and that it can be fun. We don't have her signed up for anything else other than ice skating, and she does yoga with me a home. I'd rather have her focus on one activity and give it her all if she likes it. The liking it is very important. Every week I feel so sorry for this one little girl. Her mom makes her practice the whole 1/2 hour of free time on the ice, and she never has a smile on her face. She always acts like practice is such a chore. The other thing that was really nice is that Phoebe's first ice skating teacher was talking to her last night. Phoebe showed her what she was learning in class, and the teacher said to both of us, "Keep that up and you'll be a fantastic skater!" I'm sure she says that to a lot of kids, but the look on her face while she said that told me that she really meant it. It's always great to hear someone else say our kids are fabulous!

Tom's been away all week. He's coming home tonight. We all miss him terribly. We're having company for dinner tonight. Tom's brother, wife, and two kids are on their way back from vacation in Virginia, so we told them to stop by for dinner. I have no idea what we're having, but we'll figure it out.

I was so tired last night, after ice skating I just got us some berries for dessert and we both went to bed. Phoebe didn't fall asleep until much later. I did have her sleep in her own bed last night instead of Tom's spot in my bed. This way I could relax, lay in bed with a glass of wine, and watch Bridget Jones's Diary for the thousandth time. I love Colin Firth's character, Mark Darcy, in this movie/books. I swear I'm addicted. I love the little smiles he makes here and there... v. sexy. I think I also like Mark Darcy because he is so my DH, minus the wavy hair. DH's is straight but dark. And I so often feel like Bridget. Sometimes I feel like they are acting out our life on screen, just with different stories. I am the flaky, ungraceful one. Tom is the tall, dark, and handsome, arrogant, pain-in-the butt, yet so lovable and romantic one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.