Skip to main content

The Boys - 6 Months Old

The boys turned six months old on Sunday!!!! I'll post some more pics soon. Things have just been very busy getting ready for the Christmas holidays and crazy busy at work. One of my peer managers is going to another department and I believe my manager is going to make an organization change that will have me managing twice as many people. Which will be great to position me to get a promotion to a Sr. Manager at the end of next year.

Yesterday the boys had their first day trying the backup day care at my office. It's really hard to get into the infant room as they are so busy, but we got a call at 8AM that they had room for both the boys!!!! Nicki was out of town on Monday and Tuesday, which is why I had the boys on the waitlist to come in to the office with me. I also have them on the waitlist for December 21, 22, and 23. Then I'm taking the rest of the year off. The boys had such a great day listening to stories and songs and making new friends. They really liked the three ladies that were taking care of them. Liam even gave Miss Carol a big smile when I handed him over to her in the morning. And he's usually so reserved with his emotions.

The boys also started trying sippy cups! I started having Phoebe try a few sips from one with the stopper in it when she was 6 months old and she loved them so much by 7 months she was off bottles. The boys are acting like Phoebe did when she first tried them, curious why it comes out so fast when they suck on it. They both were starting to get good at it at dinner last night.

And Phoebe has a crush on a boy at school. Sniff! She keeps getting so big. He told her he liked her "a little" which she told me meant he really likes her as "boys always don't want to completely admit it." She's wise beyond her years....

I'll post more updates soon.

Comments

BigP's Heather said…
SIX MONTHS? Are you serious? Time sure does fly!!
I'm so glad you posted - you're on my list to check up on and see if you're okay :)

Just call me Mother Hen!

Phoebe is very street smart - good to know all about boys but my word, they do start young.

Your boys are so clever!!!! Where are the pics?

And well done on the work responsibility? Will you be able to cope?
Stephanie said…
Oh my gosh you are one busy Momma! I'm flattered that you had the time to sop by my blog!

Thought I would also tell you I am your newest follower :)
Amy C said…
I think I am going to start trying a sippy cup with the boys, too. The Dr. said to start trying a month ago but it just didn't seem like they would get a hang of it. Gosh, I can't even imagine them drinking from something other than a bottle!! Does it get messy?
Queenie. . . said…
I can't believe your boys are six mobths already! It seems like I was JUST reading aboit them being born. They are absolutely adorable. How do ypu like the Peg Perego highchairs? Easy to clean/use?
Anonymous said…
Did you remove the anti-spill portion of the sippy cup so they would understand they had to suck? Lovey Girl isn't quite understanding that she has to suck she keeps knawing on the opening because it's sort of like a straw. Anyway we've been unsure about how to get it across to her... It sounds like things are going great at work for you and it's fantastic that you have child care available at work!
Anonymous said…
Wow, time does fly doesn't it. It still amazes me that J is almost 9 months now. Your boys are beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
nancy said…
Oh no! A crush on a boy in school. Ack! I can't imagine my girls having boyfriends. Whats worse for me though is having my son have a girlfriend. That already makes me want to vomit!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.