Skip to main content

Picture with Santa 2009

As we're getting ready to close out this year, I thought I'd post this year's picture with Santa. What a difference a year makes! Last year I was pregnant and knew it was twins, but I didn't know it was two boys for another several weeks. I was still so scared, but hopeful. We were mostly out of the first trimester and were beginning to tell people. Now they are out and have personalities! And so does their sister! And she adores them!



Today was a rough day though. The boys didn't want to sleep today, but the good news is that Liam did roll over once on his own! Not that we saw it, but when I got him from his crib this morning, he was on his stomach and I know no one put him that way. He didn't do any repeat performances of this act all day though. Ooohh! And I got Liam's hair fixed (not in this pic - I need to post a pic of his new 'do)!!! We were at a holiday party on the 26th and a hair stylist was there and I asked her to fix up the stragglies on his hair. He has these really long pieces that always look like a comb-over. It drives me crazy!!!! So now he looks like a clean-cut little boy. BTW, I'm not counting this as his first haircut. To me that will be when all of it needs to be cut, not just these straggling long pieces sticking out of the short ones.

Tommy's continued to explore entire rooms by rolling alone. We're gone for when he starts crawling because he's already fast just by rolling. I went to the bathroom today and by the time I got out, he was attacking Phoebe's presents under the Christmas tree. And I was trying to use the bathroom quickly since I knew he was on the floor. And people wonder why my old jeans fit again!

Comments

That is a beautiful photo, Heather. And WOW, the rolling sounds like it'll take lots of energy from the grown-ups. When mine scream, I shout back from wherever I am, "I'm coming, your mother is OLD" :)
Lovely children, and thank for stopping by my blog and saying hi and telling me all about your journey! I love yoga, love the fact that you're a mom how that's unfolded for you :) Many blessings to you and your fam over the holiday season! xoxo
Anonymous said…
Such a great photo! We've yet to go see Santa as I'm not sure Lemy will react well. Maybe next year! ;) The boys are getting so big! And rolling already?!! Wow! I hope you have a very happy new years! :)
Diana said…
Adorable! I love the image of your boys rolling all over the floor as a means of transportation, haha. :)
Lynda said…
Hi Heather. What a gorgeous photo - it is a beautiful reminder of how SIF can result in something positive at the end of it all for some. You so deserve your gorgeous boys and Phoebe looks very proud of her baby brothers! Thanks for checking in on me via my blog; I have been thinking about you lately too. Glad to hear motherhood the second time round is mainly going well. Take care. x
Rumour Miller said…
Love the photo. She is a doll and the boys are handsome!
Guera! said…
Love that photo and it's great to see how the twins are doing!

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.