Skip to main content

My Interview

I got my questions from Sara a day or two ago. I haven't had time to work on my answers, so here they are now:

1. How would you spend your ideal evening? Other than of course having a candlelight dinner with Sting, I'd have to say having a dinner party at home with our good friends with lots of wine, anything my DH would cook for dinner, and creme brulee for dessert.
2. Do you believe that money, in any way, can buy happiness? I don't believe it can buy happiness. Lord knows I've been dirt poor and I've always been extremely happy. I do admit though to becoming a little spoiled of late, and I like how it makes up for the stresses in my life.
3. Name something you wished you could do in your life that you have not had time to do yet. Travel around the world, and not the touristy kind of travel. I like to travel in ways that you do what the locals would do. There are a lot of sights around the world I would like to see: the Golden Gate bridge, the Eiffel Tower. Other than that It's places my ancestors come from: Sicily, Ukraine, Germany. And lots of places I've read about.
4. Who is your closest friend and why? Not to be cheesy, but the truth is my husband. We've been through a lot more than any other friend, we stick together through it all, and we'll truly be friends forever.
5. What singer/band has music that evokes the most powerful emotions in you? I'm torn between the Beatles and the Pet Shop Boys. Both have songs that make me incredibly happy, as well as those that can make me cry. I have lots of memories with songs from both bands.

We'll be going to a kid birthday party today for son of friends of ours that we haven't seen much lately. It'll be nice to see them, and Phoebe and Nicholas do like to play together. They have a new baby that we haven't seen yet. I'm sure I'll be OK, though. I just finished reading Inconceivable and it was amazing. It definately gave me hope that I can do anything I put my mind to and that natural remedies can help bring back fertility, but that one of they key elements is to believe in yourself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great answers!

And I will be adding that to my Amazon wishlist. I am SO behind in my reading right now.

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...