Skip to main content

Doing Well

The D&E on Tuesday went fine. No issues. Although I started crying while they were strapping me into the table and putting in my IV. I think it's that moment that it hits you that it will soon be over. I haven't been bleeding too much (just spotting) and I wonder how long it's going to last. I'm so not a big fan of the monthly curse. Although when the next one comes, I can start taking BCPs and after two weeks of that, we'll begin injectables again for IVF.

This is our week off and we've been quite busy. This past weekend, Leo did the ceramic tile floor in his parents' kitchen. Monday we took Phoebe and our nephew deep sea fishing. Because one should always go deep sea fishing the day before a D&E... I caught a lot of the fish we brought home, woo hoo! Tuesday afternoon, I was feeling fine and cooked the fish and the quinoa salad I've posted about before. We had our friends and their almost two-year-old little girl over for dinner. Wednesday we went to Philly and saw the historical sights: Independence Hall, the movie in the Visitor's Center, Betsy Ross's house, Ben Franklin's grave and the Philadelphia Mint. We used to live in Philly and we take these places for granted. I haven't been to these places since middle school. I think Phoebe had a great time. She loved taking lots of pictures at Independence Hall. Then we went to Cuba Libre for dinner. It's one of our favorite restaurants.

Today we did school shopping. New sneakers, three pairs of jeans, bunch of cool shirts, new socks, new backpack and a folder and notebooks. Before school shopping we babysat our friends' daughter - the almost two-year-old and went to meet Phoebe's second grade school teacher. She seems really nice and Phoebe picked her seat, got a pencil box and found her cubby. She also visited the library and found out they just got a bunch of picture books for The Spiderwick Chronicles. She didn't want to stop reading them, so the librarian promised she'd hold them on reserve for Phoebe when she comes for library day next week. Wasn't that so nice of her? She said she was surprised Phoebe was so shy when we were around. When we're not there, she said Phoebe is one of her most confident students. That's so nice to know.

Comments

Just Me. said…
My heart just bleeds for you, especially, the part of you crying on the table.

Again, Heather, I am so sorry and wish there's something that I can do to take away the pain. But I'm here listening and you take the time to grieve and come back to fight the fight again.

(((((hugs)))))
Loren said…
Wow, you've been so busy! I'm so proud of you...but please make sure you take time for yourself.
Not to encourage you to fall into a funk or anything...I think you're doing great and maybe keeping so busy is whats helping you. :)
Lots of love. I'm still thinking of you.
I've been thinking about you and hope you are okay. ((Hugs))
We love Philly and the boys love all the great history. Best Wishes to Phoebe in second grade, sounds like she is a wonderful student. Fishing sounds like fun, you are my hero! I get seasick watching The Love Boat reruns on TV.
Beth said…
I have been thinking about you all week and have shed many tears for you! Sounds like you are doing good! hnage in there and I can't wait to hear all about the next cycle!!
RBandRC said…
Thinking of you, sweetie. ((HUGS))
Mandy said…
so sorry Heather... You are handling all of this so well.
Thinking of you.
Lynda said…
I'm so sorry you had to go through the D&C - glad it's all over.
Rhea said…
Lot of hugs, prayers and thoughts for you. I was lying in bed last night and thinking about how I've neglected my blog as of late and you popped into my mind and my heart and I knew something was going on...It is as if God was speaking to me to get my butt on here and give support and love.

Thinking of you.
docgrumbles said…
I am so late getting the news. I am so sorry. I did not like the finality of the IV insertion, either.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.