Skip to main content

Twin Boys Early Intervention Update

Last Tuesday we had the annual Early Intervention assessment update and both boys do still qualify for therapy, but different than before. Here's the update:

Physical Therapy: Liam will be down to 2x/month (was weekly); Tommy no PT.
Occupational Therapy: Liam no longer needs. Tommy never needed.
Speech Therapy: Both boys qualify. They are going to go back and discuss if it should be a speech therapist or a teacher to work on their communication skills and the frequency.

I'm not worried about the speech stuff. I'm sure it will come soon enough and we'll be begging them for a moment of quiet. But I'm all about getting them help to communicate better as they have said some things, but they will say it once and then never again. Then they do get frustrated when you can't understand what they want, so at this point, I'd be happy for better communication of what they want. I can't always say I'll give it to them, LOL! I also think they are a bit delayed in communication and talking as they have spent a lot of time and energy learning to walk and now run. They definately understand what we are saying, as we'll ask them things like, "Where is your nose?" or "Where is Phoebe?" and they will point to their nose or Phoebe without issue. BTW, this comes in handy for distracting them from other things like when they are fussy at a restaurant and want to get out of their seat. They love to show off what they know. But the funny thing I've noticed Tommy do sometimes is if I ask, "Where is Mommy?" he points to himself. I never realized Tommy and Mommy sound so similar. I'm trying to show him the difference in how I say the two, so hopefully that will help. However, if it is a hearing issue (like my husband had when he was little) we'll find out in January, when the pediatrician is going to give his ears a once over, I believe measuring the pressure in his ears. He did have an ear infection in November.

So that's how things are going in our house. I will be posting this week's menu plan soon.

Comments

Have I missed it? When did they start walking... and running? ) I love little boys!!!!!!!!!

Do you do baby sign language with them?

I have found Kendra a LOT more verbal than Connor but I haven't bothered to count his words :) I am terrible, aren't I?
Carrie Ann said…
Teddy (23 months) had his hearing fully tested at the hospital through early intervention in my state. They did 3 different tests (very cool) and it lasted about an hour. Maybe your state will provide that too.

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.