Skip to main content

Getting It Done

I've had a great day today. At work, after coming back from taking a four day weekend (not just a three day weekend), I got caught up on most of the emails. There are a few I have to do some research to answer. I also started folders for each of the two contractors that are starting on 13 June, which contain information on the accounts and other essentials I'm requesting for them. That's my way of keeping papers for new hires on what they need for their first days on the job. I also left work at a decent time.

I picked up an old Apple laptop I had in the shop, and I'm so proud of me for dropping that off at a local computer repair shop. Apple had told me it would take over $1,000 to repair and it wasn't under warranty, so I should probably just buy a new one. We did that as I really needed a computer that would work at home (to work from home when the kids are ill, juggling appointments, etc.) and I figured I'd try to get the old one fixed somewhere else, but never had time to look into it. I prioritized it last week and it was all taken care of for $300. And let me tell you that laptop was in sad shape. The 4 key hadn't worked in ages, the battery died and the mouse stopped working. Everything is fixed and I'm so happy to now have two working laptops in the house!

I got home, we had dinner (Liam's appetite still hasn't picked up), cleaned up the dishes, bathed the boys, read them a book, said their prayers, went through Phoebe's school papers, straightened up the living room/playroom. Now I'm going to clean up the papers on my desk, do the bills and work out. If I can get that done, I'll be a happy camper and feel some great accomplishment today.

And I also feel good that I know I do need to work on time management so I went to fellow twin blogger Marcia's business website and signed up for her newsletters. I'm definitely going to take her advice and get my time better organized and working more efficiently.

Comments

Mandy said…
Little bit at a time! That's my motto.

I have to ask where you went! I'm ashamed to say I have 3 dead macbooks at the moment. All have water damage and I've just bought new each time. If I can fix them for $300 I will be the happiest girl ever!!
I saw you signed up - enjoy!

You are doing a fantastic job of being a good steward of your money and of getting things done!

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...