Skip to main content

Unsure

I'm unsure what today's title is. There's a lot of things going on in my mind. I cleaned out our emails tonight. Haven't really done that since we got back. There were lots of emails about our friends that just had a new baby three days before my birthday. It's their second child, and I'm really happy for them, but in a way I feel a little jealous. They had announced this pregancy when Tom and I had gotten the negative results of our last IVF. In a way, I feel we should've been in their shoes. They haven't really had a good marriage, although it seems like it's getting better. Their first child was a compromise. We didn't think they'd ever have any more. They complained about infertility. Obviously we were more infertile, as they got pg just by monitoring temps and were going to try Clomid if that last month didn't work. Ha!

Any way, other updates are I have interviews at Juniper Bank on Friday. I'm telling my company I need the day off as my daughter's school is closed. What they don't know is that Tom will be watching Phoebe, and I'll be down the street from where I work now trying to find a company that will appreciate me.

Work has been hectic. Even though I'm unhappy, my professionalism still shines through. I'm doing the work of four people and trying to get more work done than we did in the last two years getting ready for the TSYS conversion in 4 months to be ready for the merger of the systems with Chase.

So I will now go to bed, where my cutie pie, Phoebe, is sleeping in my bed as her dad's out of town on business. I'll get to cuddle up to her and get rid of my nasty green monster from the first paragraph. Because no matter if I can't have any more, I still have the cutest, smartest, best daughter I could ever have, and I am so grateful for her.

Oh, by the way, I had a nice phone call tonight from Tom's sister. She was watching Phoebe while we were out of town, and took her to a wedding shower she had to go to. Nicki said that she got lots of compliments on Phoebe's manners and how nicely she played with all the other children, including one of the children that some of her cousins won't play with because she has seizures sometimes and that makes her different. The mom of this little girl was so happy that someone was so interested in playing with her. That's my girl. Always trying to make everyone feel included. Glad to know she follows the rules we set for her even when we're not around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bouncing Back From Depression

I've been pretty depressed lately. Monday I hit my all time low, which coincidentally was also my dad's birthday. Needless to say I'm sure I'm on his not favorite child list as I forgot to call him I was so depressed. This whole two mortgage thing with no contract in site is really frustrating. Especially when lots of other houses on our block are selling. Our house is really very lovely, just no pool. It has a really flat backyard perfect for putting a pool in though. Anyway, on Monday, Mom called to make sure I didn't forget to call Dad and tell me she read my blog over the weekend and sent me an email about it. Sorry, Mom, I still have yet to check my emails to see what you had to say. Mom told me I needed to bury a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to get it to sell quicker. Wish I knew that sooner. I was going to wait for her to mail me hers, but yesterday I got really mad at myself and wanted to do something to improve my situation, so I found the nea

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.