Skip to main content

PG - 6 Weeks

My first ultrasound is tomorrow and I must admit I keep getting scared that it's not going to look good, or as Tertia would put it I've been having DBTs (dead baby thoughts). I really hope everything looks great and that we do see a heartbeat. I know it's a littl on the early side, but sometime between 6 and 7 weeks we should see the heartbeat. I'd rather see it on the early side, nice and strong to relieve my mind and make me think that everything is going to be OK. I really don't want this to be another failed pregnancy. I'd like to just once in this journey to have the fairy tale where everything is rosy and peachy. I need it so badly so I can heal from all the failures and disappointments.

BTW, I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. I definitely did, since it was still early on to start worrying about the ultrasound. But we've also been busy every day, which has helped keep my mind off waiting for Monday. I wish I could just crawl into bed right now and sleep until tomorrow is here. But there is laundry to do, a daughter to be picked up from her cousins, and blogs to check that I haven't looked at in awhile.

Ooooo, and I also finished reading the Twilight series! I finished the last book this morning. It was amazing. I highly recommend them!

Comments

I hope everything is great and you have a peachy pregnancy too! Sending my best for tomorrow's U/S.
It may have already happened by now, but I wanted to wish you good luck on your U/S. Sending LBT (L for live) your way!

Glad I could get your mind off the DBT, even for a moment.
RBandRC said…
Hoping and praying that everything goes beautifully tomorrow!!! :)
nancy said…
By 7 weeks, ~all~ babies should have a heartbeat (per my OB). But 6 weeks can still be early. At 6 weeks, we did not see a heartbeat, but at 7 weeks, there is was - beating strong. Many do get to see it beating at 6weeks though. I had such late implantation (beta was only 15 at 11dp3dt), that's probably why.

Wishing you all the HB&HB (heart beat and healthy baby) vibes! Update as soon as you can, okay?
Thinking about you today, my dear friend!!
~~HUGS~~

Popular posts from this blog

Phoebe's Fifth Grade School Picture

Here's Phoebe's 5th Grade School Picture.  I really like her in red or bright colors.  She's definitely becoming quite the little lady.

The Boys Are Here!!!

I'm trying to post this from the hospital Internet access, but I will be able to do this announcement better justice from home, but it is a very odd, but short birth story. They came so fast and furious there was nothing anyone could do. But the boys are in the NICU and doing well. They were born at 31 weeks 5 days gestation on 5/29/2009. I will post their names and information (no comments on names unless you like them, LOL): Baby A: Thomas Michael III born at 2:09 AM Weight - 3 lbs, 15 1/2 oz Length - 18 inches Baby B: Liam Jonathan born at 2:20 AM Weight - 4 lbs, 1.4 oz Length - 17 1/4 inches long Just a word on their health, Thomas's breathing is doing well and he did not need any help in that area so far. I had two steroid shots from when I was admitted until before they were born, so I think that helped. Liam was intubated and given surfactant when he arrived in the NICU and is now on CPAP, although he can't stand having the tubes in his nose. Both are under t...

Bad Dreams Go Away Magic Spell

Wow! Two posts in one day!!! I just had to blog about this. Indigo Girl had posted about her daughter having bad dreams and looking for advice. I had to post what we do in our house to keep away bad dreams. I have to admit it was one of my most brilliant mommy moments as I pulled this one out of my a$$ when I came up with it. When Phoebe was about 3 or 4 years old, she started complaining about nightmares. I knew it was half true and half stalling for bedtime. She has always been very into witches, wizards and spells (heck she was named after the character on Charmed and my due date was Halloween), so I came up with a magic spell on the spot to keep away bad dreams. I figured all it had to do was rhyme. I will share it with you all and feel free to try it if you need it: Bad dreams, bad dreams go away In Phoebe's dreams she must play She should dream of ice cream and cake Until the morning when she wakes She loves it! She still asks for it sometimes if she's had a ni...